These are 5 comedians that I’ve enjoyed over the years and recently.
- Eddie Murphy – “and GI Joe got stuck…”
- Cheech & Chong – Up in Smoke, that’s where I wanna be…
- Jerry Lewis – Original The Nutty Professor movie is one of the best
- The Three Stooges – Hyuck Huck Hyuck, OH! a wise guy!
- Robin Williams – zany off the cuff crazy improv genius
Growing up I loved Jerry Lewis. All those movies with Dean Martin and then the Nutty Professor. I wanted to be Buddy Love. I miss the Jerry Lewis Muscular Dystrophy Labor Day Telethons. I love the Three Stooges. I can still spend hours watching the classic Moe, Larry and Curly lineup. As I got older there was George Carlin (which we had to secretly listen to because of the language), Richard Pryor and then came Cheech & Chong. I didn’t completely understand the drug related humor initially (until later) but the rest of their skits had us repeating them at school. What can you say about Eddie Murphy on Saturday Night Live (Gumby, Buckwheat) and his first special Delirious. Still hilarious today, The guy is a genius. And then there is Robin Williams. Mork is where we got introduced to him but like Eddie Murphy, anything he touched was gold.
Extra mention – Jeff Dunham and Dave Chapelle.